Calling all chocolate lovers! Healthy meets decadent in this luscious tofu chocolate mousse recipe infused with cinnamon. So easy and delicious!
Thanks so much to my friend Terra for sharing her delicious tofu chocolate mousse recipe with me so that I can share it with you!
Ingredients to make Tofu Chocolate Mousse
The ingredient list for this tofu chocolate mousse is super simple. All you need are
- Tofu. Use extra firm. (This works if you’re following a low FODMAP diet). Also, I try to use organic soy products to avoid GMOs, but use whichever you prefer.
- Dark chocolate. I used unsweetened dark chocolate, but if you like your chocolate mousse a little sweeter, opt for bittersweet.
- Sweetener. Cane sugar works well here. If you make this with a non-nutritive sweetener like allulose, monk fruit, or erythritol, please let me know how it turns out!
- Milk. I use soy milk to thin the chocolate mousse out, otherwise it’s too thick for the blender. Try almond milk for a low FODMAP option.
- Cinnamon. Chocolate and cinnamon are a match made in heaven. Enough said!
- Egg white. This is an optional addition if you don’t want a vegan version, and want a more traditional chocolate mousse consistency. Or, you might try aqua faba in place of the whipped egg white to keep it vegan.
- 5 ounces dark chocolate, unsweetened or bittersweet
- 8 ounces tofu, extra firm
- 3 1/2 tablespoons cane sugar
- 6 tablespoons soy milk, or other milk of choice
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 egg white, optional-see recipe notes.
- Melt chocolate and sugar together in a double boiler. If you don’t have a double boiler, melt the chocolate in the microwave, then stir in the sugar.
- Puree chocolate, sugar and tofu in blender. Add milk as needed to, one tablespoon at a time, to achieve your desired consistency.
- Add cinnamon and blend until well combined. Chill in the refrigerator until ready to serve (vegan version). Or, see instructions below for non-vegan version.
- For a more traditional chocolate mousse consistency, beat egg whites to a semi-stiff peak in a separate bowl. Fold egg white into chocolate mousse mixture, being careful not to over mix. Serve or refrigerate until ready to eat.