Got almonds? You’ll love these healthy almond recipes + 10 delicious tips for using almonds in your cooking!
Disclosure: The Almond Board of California generously provided me with a gift pack of almond products to taste. I was not compensated to write this post, and, as usual, opinions are 100% my own. Thank you for supporting the products and brands I use and love.
Almonds are an incredibly versatile nut & so nutritious too!
Unless you have a nut allergy, most of you have probably used almonds in one form or another in your cooking.
Almond milk (make this super easy almond milk recipe!) has become incredibly popular. And, if you follow a gluten free diet like I do, you’ve probably baked with almond flour. Of course, we can’t leave out rich and creamy almond butter. Or, nutty almond oil.
There’s even almond pulp-the fiber rich leftovers from homemade almond milk. I’ve yet to create any of my own almond recipes with leftover pulp, YET, but if you’re looking for ideas (and ways to cut back on food waste) here are a few I’d love to try:
- Easy Almond Pulp Crackers
- How to Make Almond Meal from Almond Pulp What a great idea!
- No-Bake Almond Pulp Energy Bites
- Almond Pulp Chocolate Chip Bars
Healthy Almond Recipes (Savory & Sweet) You’ll Love!
10 HEALTHY & DELICIOUS WAYS TO ENJOY ALMONDS!
- Substitute almonds/almond meal for bread crumbs when coating meat, veggies, or other foods. My family and I LOVE this almond meal coated Low Carb Baked Chicken Stuffed with Pesto and Cheese from Kalyns Kitchen. SO good!
- Add almond butter to your favorite hot breakfast cereal for a burst of flavor plus protein. You can also give a super boost of protein to your oatmeal or smoothie with Noosh Unsweetened Almond Protein Powder. I love this stuff!
- Use almond flour to create gluten-free alternatives for favorite cakes and muffins. See the recipe for my Gluten Free Chocolate Cake w/ Brown Sugar Almond Icing below. OMG, swoon!!!
- Ditch the bread crumbs some time and use coarsely ground almonds for a delicious gluten-free casserole topping
- 3 words. DIY Almond Milk! While store bought options have improved quite a bit, and you can even find some brands without any gums or fillers, it’s pretty darn easy to make your own almond milk. Try this EASY 1-Minute Almond Milk Recipe and let me know what you think!
- Substitute almond milk for regular milk in mashed potatoes for a creamy dairy-free dish.
- Add almonds to whole grain recipes to bring out the nutty flavor of the grain. Like in this Cranberry Orange Quinoa Pudding w/ Toasted Almonds. So tasty for the holidays!
- Got almond pulp from your homemade almond milk? Try it as a gluten-free thickening agent in soups or stews! And, see above, for more delicious ways to use up your almond pulp.
- Try almond flour in your favorite cookie recipe or baked good to produce an even chewier texture. I love this Juicy Ginger Peach Tart with Almond Flour & Berry Sauce. Trust me, you will love it!
- Roasted almonds! Almonds + Your favorite sweet or savory spices thrown into a slow cooker makes for a delicious homemade snack mix!
What are your favorite almond recipes? Do you bake with almond flour? Have you made anything with almond pulp before? Do share!