You can have your cake and drink it too, with this nourishing and delicious Spiced Carrot Cake Smoothie!
This Carrot Cake Smoothie is super healthy & delicious!
Thick and creamy, and spiced with good-for-you turmeric, ginger, and cinnamon, this smoothie is reminds me of my second favorite cake (after German Chocolate Cake), Carrot Cake.
The inspiration for this smoothie, came shortly after making Sylvie’s Ginger Turmeric Spiced Spring Carrot Soup. A must make~truly divine!
Her soup got me thinking about how perfectly suited turmeric and carrots are for each other, both falling on the gorgeous orange-gold-yellow color spectrum.
You know, that same color spectrum in food that literally brings a gorgeous glow to your skin, sans sun.
That alone makes me want to drink one everyday!
How to make a Carrot Cake Smoothie
- Decide if you want cooked, or raw carrots. I used cooked carrots in this recipe to give it a creamier consistency. But, you can try raw too. Let me know how it goes!
- Put all your ingredients in a high speed blender. This includes the carrots, fresh or canned pineapple, coconut milk (or other plant based milk), pineapple juice, spices, and (optional) sweetener.
- Blend everything together. Pour your smoothie in to 2 cups & top with shredded coconut and chopped pecans. Yum!
Eat Happy, Be Healthy Nutrition Benefits…
- This carrot cake smoothie is naturally gluten-free and vegan.
- The carrots are rich in vitamin A from beta carotene, vitamin K, fiber, vitamin C, and potassium. And, pineapple provides vitamin C & manganese. If you choose fresh pineapple, you’ll also enjoy the benefits of bromelain-a natural anti-inflammatory.
- Turmeric is bring studied for its potential anti-inflammatory, anticancer, and antioxidant effects.
- Cinnamon may improve fasting blood glucose in patients with type 2 diabetes.
- Ginger is another natural anti-inflammatory, and may help treat nausea and vomiting.
Spiced Carrot Cake Smoothie
- 1 cup sliced carrots, cooked or raw (see notes)
- 1 cup cubed fresh pineapple
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 1/2 cup pineapple juice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 cup ice
- maple syrup, optional, use 2-3 teaspoons maple syrup or other "sweetener" of choice to taste
- 2 teaspoons shredded coconut
- 2 teaspoons chopped pecans
- protein powder, optional
- Place carrots, pineapple, coconut milk, pineapple juice, spices and ice in a high-speed blender and blend until smooth. Taste, and add sweetener and protein powder if desired.
- Pour in to two glasses, then sprinkle coconut and pecans on top for garnish.
Craving more healthy smoothie recipes? Try some of my other favorites!
Hi There! I’m EA, a registered dietitian nutritionist (RDN) in sunny San Diego. I create easy, DELICIOUS gluten free recipes & low FODMAP recipes for a wide variety of diets. Learn more about my nutrition philosophy and my nutrition coaching for digestive health, autoimmune disease, wellness nutrition, & vibrant aging. Sign up for my newsletter, or get in touch~I’d love to connect with you!