Eat the rainbow! You’ll love this guide to 60+ low FODMAP vegetables you can safely enjoy on on a low FODMAP diet. I’m also sharing a printable list of low FODMAP vegetables, and a FREE recipe book filled with 30 delicious recipes featuring low FODMAP veggies. Enjoy!
As an integrative dietitian, I openly admit to being a veggie pusher. Ha! No matter what diet you feel best eating (gluten free, low carb, Mediterranean, paleo, vegetarian, etc), veggies should be a big part of your “feel good” equation.
But, some people mistakingly think that most carbohydrates, including fruits and vegetables, are super limited on a low FODMAP diet. Fortunately, as you will see from this post, that’s so far from the truth.
Is broccoli allowed on a low FODMAP diet?
Plus, there are 60+ more nourishing and delicious low FODMAP vegetables you can eat on a low FODMAP diet too!
What can I eat on a low FODMAP diet, vegetable wise?
Let’s take a look at the LONG list of low FODMAP vegetables you can eat, both freely, and in limited amounts…
Low FODMAP Vegetables You Can Eat Freely
Per the MONASH Low FODMAP App (as of 3/14/19), here is a list of most of the low FODMAP vegetables with no upper limit for portion size listed. Note: It still may be possible to overindulge and experience symptoms, so please monitor your own personal tolerance.
- Bamboo Shoots (Canned or Fresh)
- Bean Sprouts
- Bell Pepper (Red)
- Butter Lettuce
- Chili Pepper (Green)
- Collard Greens
- Corn (Baby, Canned)
- Ginger Root
- Iceberg Lettuce
- Mushrooms (Oyster)
- Green Onions (Tops Only)
- Potatoes (White)
- Red Leaf Lettuce
- Romaine Lettuce
- Spaghetti Squash
- Spinach (English)
- Swiss Chard
- Tomato (Canned)
- Tomato (Common)
- Water Chestnuts
Low FODMAP Vegetables (Watch Portion Size)
Per the MONASH Low FODMAP App (as of 3/14/19), these vegetables are considered low FODMAP in the amounts shown. Please keep in mind that you MAY experience symptoms if you combine a lot of these vegetables together at one meal, or even over the course of the day.
- Alfalfa Sprouts, 2 cups
- Artichoke Hearts, 1/2 cup
- Beets, 2 slices
- Bell Pepper (Green), 1/2 cup
- Bok Choy, 1 cup
- Broccoli Crowns, 3/4 cup
- Broccoli Stalks, 1/3 cup
- Broccolini, 1/2 cup
- Brussels Sprouts, 2
- Butternut Squash, 1/3 cup
- Cabbage (Common & Red), 3/4 cup
- Cabbage (Savoy), 1/2 cup
- Celeriac, 1/4
- Chicory (Leaves), 1/2 cup
- Chili Pepper (Red), 1
- Cabbage (Chinese), 1 cup
- Daikon, 1/2 cup
- Edamame, 1/2 cup
- Eggplant, 1 cup
- Fennel (Bulb or Leaves), 1/2 cup
- Green Beans, 15 beans
- Green Peas (Canned, Drained), 1/2 cup
- Jicama, 1/2 cup
- Leek (Leaves), 2/3 cup
- Okra, 7.5 pods (yep!)
- Radicchio, 2 cups
- Snow Peas, 5 pods
- Sugar Snap Peas, 4 pods
- Sweet Potato, 1/2 cup
- Pumpkin (Canned), 1/3 cup
- Spinach (Baby), 1 1/2 cups
- Squash (Pattypan), 2
- Taro, 1/2 cup
- Tomatoes (Cherry), 5
- Zucchini, 1/3 cup
Free Printable Low FODMAP Vegetables List
I’ve put together a list of low FODMAP vegetables for you to download, and print if desired. A couple of notes about the list:
- I took the information from the Monash Low FODMAP app on 3/14/19. If you’ve used the app before, you know that foods get added, deleted, and updated on a regular basis, so it’s possible for there to be a discrepancy between my list and the Monash low FODMAP app. Please get in touch with me if you have any questions, or note any discrepancies, so I can update my list. Thanks!
- This list of 50+ Low FODMAP vegetables that I have put together is not all inclusive, but rather lists the more commonly eaten low FODMAP vegetables in North America.
- This list doesn’t include all the fresh herbs (and spices) you can use on a low FODMAP diet. See additional low FODMAP resources at the end of this post to access my flavor guide: Spice It Up! 70+ Ways to Maximize Flavor on a Low FODMAP Diet.
Low FODMAP Vegetables Recipe Book
Now that you know how many different nutritious AND delicious low FODMAP vegetables there are to choose from, how about putting it all to practice by downloading my FREE Low FODMAP Vegetables Recipe Book?!
You Get 30 Easy & DELICIOUS Recipes Including:
- 11 Low FODMAP Vegetable Side Dish Recipes
- 6 Low FODMAP Veggie & Egg Recipes
- 5 Low FODMAP Salad Recipes
- 4 Low FODMAP Entree Recipes
- 2 Low FODMAP Soup Recipes
- 2 Low FODMAP Juice/Smoothie Recipes
Sign up for my newsletter, Delicious News, and get the FREE PDF cookbook you can download, and keep on your phone or tablet, or print the recipes to keep in a binder. Enjoy!
More Low FODMAP Resources You’ll Love…
- Spice It Up! 70+ Ways to Maximize Flavor on a Low FODMAP Diet
- Low FODMAP Meal Plans My dietitian designed low-FODMAP meal plan is an easy & delicious way to follow a low FODMAP diet. Try it for FREE for 3-days, no credit card required!
- 15 Quick & Easy Low FODMAP Dinner Recipes Cookbook A collection of healthy & delicious low FODMAP dinner recipes you can have on the table in no time at all!
- Eat to Thrive! A Overview of IBS Plus a FREE Download: 10 Simple IBS Diet Tips!
- Low FODMAP Diet 101 A full overview of the low FODMAP diet.
- 40 Delicious Low FODMAP & Gluten Free Deals | My Favorite low FODMAP products you can purchase for a discount at Thrive Market.
- IBS & Digestive Health Kit My favorite low FODMAP foods, supplements, books, & other resources.
- Low FODMAP Recipes A collection of all my gluten free, low FODMAP recipes.
- Low FODMAP Recipes & FODMAP Friendly Brands My collection of FODMAPs friendly recipes, and recipes on Pinterest.
- Monash Low FODMAP Diet App
This post contains affiliate links. If you purchase a product through these links, I may receive a small commission, at no additional cost to you. Your purchases help support the cost of running this website, and providing free recipes and resources to help support a healthier community. Thanks so much for your support!
What are your favorite low FODMAP vegetables? Were you surprised about any of the vegetables on this list? Do you have any questions about the low FODMAP diet I can help you with?
Hi There! I’m EA, an integrative registered dietitian nutritionist in sunny San Diego. I create easy, DELICIOUS gluten free recipes & low FODMAP recipes for a wide variety of diets: anti-inflammatory, low carb, Mediterranean, paleo, vegan, vegetarian, & more. My nutrition specialties include wellness nutrition, digestive health (celiac disease, IBS, IBD, SIBO), autoimmune disease, & optimal aging. Learn more about my nutrition philosophy and my nutrition coaching services, or get in touch~I’d love to connect with you!