What if I told you the simple act of adding more protein to your breakfast could help keep you alert, energized, satiated, and less likely to over eat later in the day? Would you be game to try? If so, check out the inforgraphic below for a list of high protein breakfast ideas to start your day off with, whether you’re a vegan, vegetarian, or omnivore! P.S. They’re all gluten-free!
High Protein Breakfast Ideas
More Healthy & Delicious Ways to Boost Your Breakfast with Protein…
- Add Protein to Smoothies. Boost your smoothies with whey protein, egg white protein, vegan protein powder, tofu, beans, seeds, nuts and nut butters. Frozen lentils in smoothies are super nourishing too!
- Make a Parfait. Greek yogurt or cottage cheese with fruit are quick and easy breakfast ideas. Stir in some nuts or seeds to boost fiber too!
- High Protein Pancakes. Add protein powder of your choice, plus nuts and/or seeds to pancake and waffle batter, or try one of my favorite dutch baby pancakes-yum!
- Get Scrambled. Scramble up some eggs or tofu and top w/ sauted veggies of choice, plus cheese or vegan cheese. You can even eat ’em out of a jar!
- Tacos, Tacos, Tacos! How about a breakfast taco w/ refried beans, an egg or tofu, and salsa? Yes, please!
- Power Up Your Oats. Stir Greek yogurt or cottage cheese, plus nuts or nut butter in to your oatmeal-like this yummy Chia Oatmeal Maple Pumpkin Peanut Butter Power Bowl.
- Add Bread. Make a breakfast “sandwich” w/ a poached egg, slice of ham, and tomato and avocado. Serve it open faced on bread of choice, or totally naked! (This Avocado Toast w/ Rosemary Mushrooms & Lentils is AMAZING!)
- Want even more ideas??? Check out my healthy breakfast recipes on Pinterest!
Read More About The Benefits of Eating Protein at Breakfast…
- 30 grams of protein for breakfast. Do it. ~ The Candid RD
- 7 High-Protein Breakfast Ideas ~ US News: eat + run
- What are the Benefits of Eating Lots of Protein in the Morning? ~ SF Gate
- Protein-Rich Breakfasts Prevent Unhealthy Snacking in the Evening ~ Science Daily
- Moderate Amount of Protein Per Meal Found Best for Building Muscle ~ Science Daily
- Video Interview on Protein: Why Total Amount Isn’t the Key ~ Karen Collins, MS, RDN, CDN
Let’s Chat! Are you getting enough protein at breakfast? Do you eat breakfast? Has this post given you any new ideas for ways to boost your protein intake at breakfast?
Hi There! I’m EA, a registered dietitian nutritionist (RDN) in sunny San Diego. I create easy, DELICIOUS gluten free recipes & low FODMAP recipes for a wide variety of diets: anti-inflammatory, low carb, Mediterranean, paleo, vegan, vegetarian, & more. I offer nutrition coaching for wellness nutrition, digestive health (celiac disease, IBS, IBD, SIBO), autoimmune disease, & healthy aging. Learn more about my nutrition philosophy and my nutrition coaching services, sign up for my newsletter, or get in touch~I’d love to connect with you!