Craving healthy carbs? Make this easy Trader Joe’s Cauliflower Gnocchi sheet pan recipe for dinner tonight! The recipe is gluten-free, vegetarian, and vegan.
If you haven’t tried Trader Joe’s Cauliflower Gnocchi yet, head to TJ’s freezer section and buy several bags. I’ll wait for you to return from the store and make this recipe. Wink, wink.
OK. Now that we’re all ready, I’ll show you how to make this genius crispy cauliflower gnocchi recipe, give you the nutrition scoop, and discuss different ways to cook and serve on TJ’s cauliflower gnocchi.
Is the cauliflower gnocchi from Trader Joe’s healthy? How many carbs does it contain?
Great questions! Let’s take a look at Trader Joe’s Cauliflower Gnocchi ingredients and nutrition facts.
- Cassava Flour
- Potato Starch
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Sea Salt
One cup (140 grams) of cauliflower gnocchi provides:
- 140 calories
- 22 grams carbohydrate (6 grams fiber, <1 gram sugar)
- 3 grams fat (0.5 grams saturated fat, 0 grams trans fat)
- 2 grams protein
So, to answer the question, yes, Trader Joe’s cauliflower is a delicious addition to a healthy diet, especially when paired with veggies, herbs, and nuts. While not truly “low carb” compared to traditional gnocchi, Trader Joe’s version made with cauliflower has less than half the grams of carbs and twice as much fiber.
Looking for lower carb recipes? Check out my low carb recipe index!
Plus, it’s made with a super simple ingredient list, which is a win-win for me!
Cauliflower Gnocchi Sheet Pan Dinner Ingredients, Substitutions, & Options
If you’re a fan of sheet pan dinners, you’re going to love this recipe! It’s so easy to make, and super adaptable too. Feel free to swap out the ingredients listed below with whatever veggies, oil, nuts, and seasonings you have on hand!
- TJ’s Cauliflower Gnocchi
- Red Onion
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Pine Nuts
- Fresh Rosemary
- Sea Salt and Black Pepper
- Optional Ingredients. Parmesan cheese, garlic powder, cherry tomatoes, olives, and other fresh or dried herbs like basil, parsley, sage, thyme…
- Boost the Protein! Add chickpeas or sliced pre-cooked chicken sausage to the sheet pan; serve with grilled chicken or pan seared salmon on the side.
How To Make Cauliflower Gnocchi w/ Crispy Kale & Pine Nuts
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees F, and line a large baking sheet pan with parchment paper or aluminum foil (this will make clean up a cinch!)
- Spread an entire bag of frozen gnocchi in a single layer on the parchment paper, along with torn-up kale (de-stemmed) and sliced red (or sweet) onions. Drizzle with a little olive oil, and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Bake in the oven for ~15 minutes, then remove kale into a serving bowl. Flip the cauliflower gnocchi and continue baking with the onions for 5-10 minutes or until the gnocchi is golden brown.
- Add gnocchi and onions to a serving bowl and toss with kale. Drizzle additional olive oil on top, if desired, and top with pine nuts and chopped fresh rosemary.
- Dinner (or lunch) is served!
Different Ways to Cook Trader Joe’s Cauliflower Gnocchi
If you’ve done an internet or Instagram search for “how to cook cauliflower gnocchi,” you’ve probably noticed that people are passionate about the best way to cook cauliflower gnocchi.
Per the above, the sheet pan method is a great way to cook cauliflower gnocchi. Other methods mentioned in the package directions or noted on other recipe websites include:
- Pan-Fry Method. I tried this method the first time I made cauliflower gnocchi. It turned out pretty good, but you must watch your gnocchi closely, or they will burn. For this method, you heat some oil or butter in a pan and a little water over medium heat. Pour your Trader Joe’s gnocchi into the pan (I use a cast iron pan), saute for 2-3 minutes, then flip and saute a little longer or until your gnocchi are lightly browned on both sides.
- Microwave Method. I haven’t tried this method, but from what I’ve heard, it’s not a great option. Skip!
- Air Frying Method. This is another favorite way of mine to cook cauliflower gnocchi. I don’t have a traditional air fryer basket, so I use my Breville Smart Oven Air, spread the bag of frozen gnocchi on the air fryer sheet, and cook on the air fryer setting for about 15 minutes, plus or minus for desired crispiness.
Other Easy Ways to Serve Cauliflower Gnocchi
- Pair with pesto sauce, your favorite tomato sauce, or another favorite sauce.
- Top a salad with a pan or air-fried gnocchi. Yum!
- Make cauliflower gnocchi soup!
- Try my other easy-sheet pan cauliflower gnocchi recipe with Brussels sprouts in place of the kale. Watch this Instagram Reel for the recipe!
Trader Joe’s Cauliflower Gnocchi w/ Crispy Kale & Pine Nuts
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line a large sheet pan with parchment paper or aluminum foil.
- Spread cauliflower gnocchi (frozen), sliced onion, and kale on parchment paper. Drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper to taste. Roast in oven for 15 minutes.
- Carefully remove kale from sheet pan, and place in a serving bowl.
- Continue roasting gnocchi and onion for an additional 5-10 minutes.*
- Add gnocchi and onion to bowl with crispy kale and toss to combine. Drizzle on additional olive oil, if desired, and top with pine nuts and fresh rosemary. Divide into 2 servings and enjoy while hot.
Craving more cauliflower recipes?
Did you make this recipe?
Please leave your comments, and if you loved it, give it a 5-star rating! And please share this post with your friends and family, or take a photo and tag me on Instagram @thespicyrd.Thanks so much for your support!
And don’t forget to sign up for my newsletter, Delicious News, to get new gluten-free recipes, integrative nutrition articles, free meal plans, reader discounts, and more delivered straight to your inbox!