Download this week’s free Healthy Weekly Meal Plan with Grocery List. You get 5 dinner recipes, 1 breakfast, 1 smoothie, and 1 healthy treat. All recipes are gluten free. Enjoy!
Happy American Heart Month 2021! In honor of heart health, this week’s healthy meal plan with grocery list features some of my favorite heart healthy foods including salmon, nuts, lentils, beans, greens, and chocolate!
Here’s a quick recap of how the meal plan works….
In addition to 5 dinner recipes, you’ll also get 1 new breakfast recipe, 1 new smoothie recipe, and 1 new “healthyish” dessert recipe to try each week.
Most recipes are for 4 people, which is reflected in the grocery list. Scale up or down as needed.
All of the recipes are gluten free, and most of them feature vegetables and/or fruit, gut friendly foods, and most are designed to be pretty darn easy to cook too. Yay!
Healthy Weekly Meal Plan with Grocery List No. 3
5 Dinner Recipes
- Penne with Bursted Cherry Tomato Sauce
- One Pan Roasted Chicken, Broccoli, and Sweet Potato
- Butternut Squash Buckwheat Bowl
- Lemon Kale Salad with Chickpeas and Avocado
- Arugula Salad with Salmon
- Chocolate Peanut Butter High Protein Breakfast Sundae
- Creamy Apple Pie Smoothie
- Dark Chocolate Chunk Pecan Love Bites
Easy Meal Prep Tips & Ingredient Swaps
- Penne w/ Bursted Cherry Tomato Sauce: No chickpea pasta? Try lentil pasta (I like Tolerant Foods or Trader Joe’s brand), brown rice pasta, or quinoa pasta (like Ancient Harvest Corn Quinoa Pasta). No nutritional yeast? It’s a plant based stand-in for cheese, but you can omit and add additional seasonings as desired.
- Turkey & One Pan Roasted Chicken, Broccoli, and Sweet Potato: Meal prep a big batch for several meals and store in a airtight container for up to 3 days. Swap chicken with tofu for a vegan/vegetarian version. Buy pre-cut broccoli florets to save time with prep.
- Butternut Squash Buckwheat Bowl: Buy frozen or pre-cut butternut squash to save time. Make extra buckwheat groats to enjoy in this Healthy Mediterranean Grain Bowl for another meal.
- Lemon Kale Salad with Chickpeas & Avocado Swap pumpkin seeds with whatever nuts or seeds you have on hand. Top with fresh herbs for additional flavor.
- Arugula Salad with Salmon: Got leftovers? Store the dressing separate from the salad so it doesn’t get too soggy. Have fun topping your salmon with different spices and herbs for an extra boost of flavor.
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Breakfast Sundae: Cook and freeze extra lentils for easy meals like these Healthy Lentil Turkey Lettuce Wraps, these Crunchy Lentil Tacos with Avocado Feta Guacamole, and this Easy Lentil Salad with Kale, Cherry Tomatoes, Almonds, & Lemon Vinaigrette.
- Creamy Apple Pie Smoothie: Experiment with different varieties of apples. Add Regular Girl Fiber for a boost of gut friendly prebiotics and probiotics. I also like this with Four Sigmatic Superfood Plant-Based Protein.(15 % off w/ code SPICYRD)
- Dark Chocolate Chunk Pecan Love BItes: Cookie dough lover? This recipe is egg free, so enjoy as “raw” cookie dough if desired. Want a lover sugar version? Make with Lakanto Sugar-Free Chocolate Chips (I love these!)
Let’s Chat! Please let me know if you like these meal plans with grocery lists. If so, I will try to create weekly dinner meal plans more regularly. And, if you’re looking for any specific recipe ideas or meal prep tips, leave a comment and let me know.
Looking for more healthy meal planning resources?
P.S. If you enjoyed this post and meal plan, please consider sharing via social media or forwarding to your friends. Thanks so much!
Hi There! I’m EA, a registered dietitian nutritionist (RDN) in sunny San Diego. I create easy, DELICIOUS gluten free recipes & low FODMAP recipes for a wide variety of diets. Learn more about my nutrition philosophy and my nutrition coaching for digestive health, autoimmune disease, wellness nutrition, & vibrant aging. Sign up for my newsletter, or get in touch~I’d love to connect with you!