This Brazilian Cheese Bread Recipe is SO delicious & easy to make! Round out your meal w/ a delicious line-up of soups, stews, & salads everyone will love. Gluten free, vegetarian, low FODMAP option.
I’m not kidding when I say these are the BEST gluten free rolls ever.
If you’ve ever eaten in a Brazilian restaurant, you’ve probably had this Brazilian Cheese Bread before.
Or maybe you’ve even made them yourself…
But, if you haven’t tried these rolls, don’t take my word for how delicious they are. Because, I’m sharing my Brazilian Cheese Bread recipe so you can make them today.
And, you can be rest assured they are 100% authentic, because I got the recipe from my Brazilian friend, Fernanda.
Of course I’m a sucker for them because they are naturally gluten-free, but even the most die hard gluten lover will have a hard time eating just one of these rolls.
What is Brazilian cheese bread made of?
The ingredients in this Brazilian Cheese Bread recipe are quite simple.
- Vegetable Oil
- Baking Powder
- Tapioca FLour
You probably have all of these ingredients on hand, especially if you follow a gluten free diet. But, if you’re new to gluten free baking, you’ll want to buy a bag of tapioca flour, and make this Brazilian Cheese Bread ASAP!
You can find tapioca flour in most stores, or order it on-line at Amazon or my favorite discount grocery store, Thrive Market.
What do you use tapioca flour for?
Don’t worry. I’m SO confident you’ll love this Brazilian Cheese Bread SO much, you’ll eventually use up all your tapioca flour. But, if you’re looking for other ways to use tapioca flour, it’s one of the ingredients in my Easy 3-Ingredient Gluten Free Flour Blend.
Here are some favorite recipes to use it in…
- Cinnamon Toast Gluten Free Waffles w/ Pomegranate Orange Syrup
- Easy Gluten Free Pumpkin Bread with Chocolate Chips
- Mini Gluten Free Pecan Pie Tarts
- Gluten Free Lemon Bundt Cake with Raspberries & Blueberries
What to serve with Brazilian Cheese Bread…
Of course, while you may be tempted to eat this Brazilian Cheese Bread all by itself (no judgement from me!), the sensible thing would be to serve it alongside your favorite soup, chili, or salad. Here are some yummy recipe ideas…
Healthy Gluten Free Soup & Chili Recipes
- Easy Vegan Split Pea Soup
- Vegan Potato Leek Soup
- Kale Basmati Soup w/ Pumpkin Seed Pesto
- Easy Weeknight Chili
- Smokey & Sweet Turkey Chili
Healthy Gluten Free Salad Recipes
- Rotisserie Chicken Salad w/ Low FODMAP Salad Dressing
- Low Carb Chicken Salad on Zucchini Chips
- Strawberry Arugula Salad w/ Creamy Strawberry Lemon Vinaigrette
- Roasted Beet Salad w/ Goat Cheese & Toasted Walnuts
- Healthy Chopped Superfood Salad
Easy Brazilian Cheese Bread Recipe
- 1 1/2 cups tapioca flour
- 3/4 cup grated cheese of choice, such as cheddar, mozarella, gouda, cotija
- 3 tablespoons parmesan cheese
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil, such as high oleic sunflower oil
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease 1-12 unit muffin pan. Or, line a baking sheet or muffin pan with silicon baking cups.
- OPTION 1: Place all ingredients in a bowl and whisk until well combined. Or, OPTION 2: Place all ingredients in a blender and blend until well combined.
- Pour the batter into the greased muffin tin or silicon baking liners. Bake for approximately 20 minutes, or until puffed up and light golden-brown.
Will you make this Brazilian Cheese Bread Recipe? What would you serve this Brazilian Cheese Bread with? Have you been to Costa Rica or Brazil?