These lemony zucchini noodles with avocado pesto are the ultimate healthy comfort food! Naturally gluten free and vegan, they’re delicious for a light dinner, or paired with your favorite protein for a nourishing lunch. Yum!
So this is the first dish I created with my new Paderno Veggie Spiralizer. Oh, my, yum. As pretty as these zucchini noodles are though, I’m glad you didn’t see my very first veggie noodle attempt with a carrot.
Not so pretty, although I finally got the hang of it.
I swear that if there had been hidden camera in my house, I would have been the poster child for a bunch of dumb blond raw carrot noodle making jokes…
How many blondes does it take to make one batch of raw carrot noodles…?
But these zucchini noodles? They’re SO easy to make, and super versatile too!
The brilliant thing about these zucchini noodles is that you can top them with anything you might put on top of pasta.
Or, my latest healthy and delicious creation, this creamy, dreamy Lemony Avocado Pesto…
Easy Vegan Zucchini Noodles with Avocado Pesto
- 2 zucchini, ends cut off, and cut into spiral noodles with a spiralizer or shredded with a grater or food processor
- 1/2 avocado, peeled
- 1 tablespoon pine nuts, plus extra for garnish
- 1/2 clove garlic
- Juice from 1/4 of a lemon
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- Make the zucchini "noodles" using a spiralizer, grater, or food processor with the grater attachment and set aside.
- Make the pesto in a food processor or blender by combining all the remaining ingredients until well-blended, scraping the sides as needed.
- Mix the pesto into the zucchini noodles and top with additional pine nuts if desired.
If you enjoyed this recipe for Easy Lemony Zucchini Noodles with Avocado Pesto , be sure & check out these other recipe collections on The Spicy RD…
Are you a fan of zucchini noodles? What are you favorite “zoodle” toppings?
If you enjoyed this recipe, or have made it, please give it 5 stars and help me spread the word that healthy IS delicious, by sharing it with your family and friends. Thank you!!!
Hi There! I’m EA, a registered dietitian nutritionist (RDN) in sunny San Diego. I create easy, DELICIOUS gluten free recipes & low FODMAP recipes for a wide variety of diets. Learn more about my nutrition philosophy and my nutrition coaching for digestive health, autoimmune disease, wellness nutrition, & vibrant aging. Sign up for my newsletter, or get in touch~I’d love to connect with you!