You’ll be reaching for this quick and EASY one pot gluten free, vegan lasagna soup recipe when the craving hits. Packed with veggies it’s perfect for Meatless Monday or any day of the year!
It’s gloomy weather here in San Diego. Perfect for a big ol’ bowl of this nourishing lasagna soup topped with creamy vegan pesto ricotta, and a sprinkle of plant based Mozzarella cheese.
Perfection in a bowl.
Oh, and did I tell you how easy this is to make? And that you only need one pot to make it? Hello, less dishes to wash!
Heck, if you’re really in to serving things “family style” you can just give everyone a spoon and dig into the pot. No serving bowls required!
I made this vegan lasagna soup with my current vegetable obsession, asparagus, plus frozen peas because peas are AWESOME, and totally underrated IMO.
And, while I don’t follow a vegan diet, I love experimenting with more plant based foods, like vegan cheeses and pesto. I can attest that vegan cheese has come a long way since the first time I ate it, so give it a try!
Ingredients for Easy One Pot Vegan Lasagna Soup
- Broth & Sauce. Vegetable broth, jarred marinara sauce, and tomato paste. Don’t have marinara? Use plain tomato sauce instead and add Italian seasoning or fresh basil.
- Noodles. Gluten free (or regular) lasagna noodles.
- Veggies. I used asparagus and frozen peas. Feel free to add whatever yummy veggies you have on hand.
- Vegan Cheese & Pesto. Optional but tasty-nutritional yeast adds a boost of umami flavor.
- Red Pepper Flakes. Totally optional, but totally necessary IMO.
Vegan Lasagna Soup Ingredient Brands & Swaps
- Gluten Free Lasagna Noodles: I use Jovial Brown Rice Lasagna Noodles
- Vegan Cheese & Pesto: Kite Hill Almond Ricotta, Miyoko’s Organic Cashew Milk Mozzarella, Spice & Leaf Vegan Pesto
- Vegetarian Option: Not following a vegan diet? Feel free to use your favorite ricotta, mozzarella, and pesto brands (or make this easy 5-minute easy pesto)
- Extra Protein: Add lentils or beans to give this vegan lasagna soup a protein boost!
Easy One Pot Vegan Lasagna Soup (Gluten Free)
- 64 ounces vegetable broth, preferably low sodium
- 24 ounce marinara sauce
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1/2 bunch asparagus, chopped (~2 cups chopped)
- 2 cups frozen peas
- 1 package gluten-free lasagna noodles*, or regular lasagna noodles, crumbled
- 1 cup vegan ricotta cheese*
- 3 tablespoons vegan pesto*, ready made or this pesto recipe
- 1/4 cup vegan mozzarella cheese*
- Optional, crushed red pepper flakes to taste & fresh basil or Italian parsley to garnish
- Pour broth and marinara into a large pot or Dutch oven and heat over high, uncovered, until boiling. Turn down heat to low and stir in tomato paste, asparagus, and frozen peas. Cover and cook for 7 minutes, then remove lid and stir in crumbled lasagna noodles. Increase heat to medium, and cook for another 8-10 minutes or until noodles are al dente.
- While the noodles are cooking, combine the ricotta with the pesto and stir well to combine.
- To serve: Pour ~ 2 cups of hot soup in to each serving bowl. Top with 2-3 tablespoons ricotta/pesto mixture and 1 tablespoon vegan Mozzarella cheese. Stir in crushed red pepper flakes if desired.
- Not following a vegan diet? Feel free to use your favorite ricotta, mozzarella, and pesto brands (or make this easy 5-minute easy pesto)
- Add lentils or beans for extra protein.