Craving healthy lunch ideas? I’ve got you covered with 25 nourishing & delicious recipes, including this quick and easy Spinach, Mozzarella, Tomato and Chickpea Salad that will energize you all afternoon long!
Today’s post is quick.
Because I know you’ve got work to do.
Just like me.
Which is why I’m sharing this delicious QUICK & EASY Spinach, Mozzarella, Tomato, and Chickpea Salad courtesy of the American Diabetes Association’s #HealthyLunchDay campaign which aims to promote the importance of healthier lunch habits not only on November 17, but every day of the year!
What should I bring for lunch? Tips for creating your own healthy lunch ideas…
- Think balance! Choose foods & ingredients that provide a balance of protein, fiber-packed complex carbohydrates, and healthy fats to help energize you all afternoon long.
- Portion size matters. Unless you have the opportunity to take an afternoon siesta, I find keeping portions to a modest size, also helps to keep your blood sugar balanced so you don’t come crashing down right after lunch.
- Embrace leftovers. Pair last night’s dinner with a side of raw veggies, a piece of fresh fruit, or a side of Greek yogurt, and you’re good to go.
- Keep it hot! Or, cold. If you pack your lunch to go, invest in a few food storage containers to keep your lunch at the optimum temperature. These are a few of my favorites:
- If you can reheat food in a microwave: Glass Food Storage Containers
- If you need to keep food hot or cold: Mira Vacuum Insulated Stainless Steel Lunch Thermos
- For “salad-in-a-jar” lovers: Aladdin Mason Salad Jar
- All-purpose insulated lunch bag: Upper Order Insulated Lunch Box Tote
Spinach, Mozzarella, Tomato & Chickpea Salad + More Quick & Easy Healthy Lunch Ideas You'll Love
- 6 ounces fresh mozzarella balls drained and quartered
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes sliced in half
- 1 cup no-salt-added canned chickpeas rinsed and drained
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons white balsamic vinegar or your favorite vinegar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- 12 ounces fresh baby spinach
- Optional 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- Combine mozzarella balls*, tomatoes, and chickpeas in a medium bowl. Add olive oil, balsamic vinegar, salt and pepper, plus optional oregano if desired.
- Divide spinach into 2 or 4 plates, top with mozzarella, tomato, and chickpea mixture.
And, here are more healthy lunch ideas I think you’re going to love!
More Quick and Easy, Healthy Lunch Ideas and Resources
- Healthy Lunch Ideas on Pinterest~ 300+ healthy lunch Ideas on Pinterest
- National Healthy Lunch Day FREE e-Toolkit ~ American Diabetes Organization
Note: Thank you so much to the American Diabetes Association for shipping me a #MyHealthyLunch kit so I can share this delicious salad with all of you, and help spread the work about #HealthyLunchDay. I was not compensated to write this post, but I am thrilled to partner with other health organizations and healthy living bloggers to help spread the word that healthy is delicious!
Do you have any quick, easy, healthy lunch ideas of your own? Please share!!