Eat your gluten free pasta and be healthy too! These 30 gluten free pasta recipes are as tasty as their gluten filled versions. Perhaps even better!
Did you know that October 25 (2020) is World Pasta Day? As a diehard pasta lover, even though I’ve been following a gluten free diet 10+ years, I can think of no better way to celebrate that with one (or more!) of these nourishing gluten free pasta recipes.
Before I share my favorite gluten free pasta recipes with you, let’s talk about tips for choosing the tastiest gluten free pasta. And, the healthiest versions too!
What is the best brand of gluten free pasta?
Honestly, this is a hard question to answer. The best brand of gluten free pasta really depends on your taste, as well as your nutrition preferences. That being said, here’s a list of gluten free pasta brands I keep on rotation in my pantry, fridge, and freezer.
If you try one of these gluten free pastas below, and don’t like it, keep trying. Keep in mind, too, some of these pastas (especially bean based ones), may taste a little funny plain. Add some sauce, and you’re whole family will happily scarf it down!
Bean & Lentil Based Pastas (my go-to’s for extra protein & microbiome friendly fiber)
- Eat Banza Chickpea Pasta
- Tolerant Organic Lentil Pasta
- Trader Joe’s Lentil Pasta
Whole Grain Gluten Free Pasta
- Ancient Harvest Corn Quinoa Pasta
- Jovial Organic Brown Rice Lasagna Noodles
Fresh & Frozen Gluten Free Pasta
- Trader Joe’s Cauliflower Gnocchi (frozen section)
- Capello’s Gluten Free Pasta (made with almond flour)
Tip! I recommend stocking up on your favorite gluten free pastas. I’ve linked to some of them that are available to purchase at a discount through Thrive Market.
Tips for Cooking Gluten Free Pasta
If you don’t want your gluten free pasta to be mushy or sticky (trust me, I’ve been there too!), follow these tips for cooking your gluten free pasta.
- Read the manufacturer’s suggestions first. Depending on the ingredients in your gluten free pasta (see above) there will be a wide range in cooking times. Start by reading the instructions, then adjust as needed.
- Just add salt. Like any pasta, you should salt your water before cooking. This will help add flavor to your cooked pasta. According to Bon Appetit, a general rule of thumb is to use 4 teaspoons Kosher salt (i.e. Morton’s) for every gallon of water.
- Stir, stir, stir! Be sure to stir your pasta, right after adding it to the pot, and periodically while it’s cooking, to keep it from sticking.
- Don’t overcook your pasta! Mushy pasta isn’t good. I know you’re following step one and reading the directions. That being said, if this is your first time cooking a particular pasta, test you pasta ~ 2 minutes before the cooking time on the instructions, then test again every 2 minutes.
Let’s eat some gluten free pasta!
Thanks so much to my dietitian and food blogger friends for sharing their favorite gluten free pasta recipes. There’s something delicious for everyone, including vegan and vegetarian gluten free pasta recipes, grain free pasta recipes, cold pasta salad recipes, and vegetable “zoodle” pasta recipes.
Grab a fork and dig in!
Vegetarian & Vegan Recipes
Easy Baked Enchilada Pasta
Roasted Red Pepper Pasta with Goat Cheese, Mushrooms and Spinach + Flavor the Moments
Gluten-free Avocado Tahini Pasta – Vegan Yack Attack
Arugula Pesto Pasta Bowl with Broccoli (Gluten Free + Vegan) • Bakerita
Easy Vegan Alfredo Sauce With Mushrooms & Pasta | Gluten Free on a Shoestring
Vegan Rasta Pasta Dish _ That Girl Cooks Healthy
Cold Gluten Free Pasta Salad Recipes
Tip! Cooked and cooled pasta is a good source of microbiome friendly resistant starch-good for gut health!
Lemony Kale Pasta Salad with Pistachio Nuts
The Best Gluten Free Pasta Salad | Bucket List Tummy
Gluten Free Pasta Salad with Tomatoes, Basil, & Fresh Ricotta
Gluten Free Pasta Salad – Allergy Free Alaska
Grain Free & Legume Based Pasta Recipes
Trader Joe’s Cauliflower Gnocchi w/ Crispy Kale & Pine Nuts
Lentil Pasta with Roasted Fingerlings, Baby Kale and Crispy Garlic — Rachael Hartley Nutrition
Butternut Squash and Sweet Pea Sage Pasta – Kelly Jones Nutrition
Easy Lasagna Soup | Sweet Cayenne
Creamy White Bean Pasta – Running to the Kitchen
Instant Pot Pumpkin Black Bean Chili Mac – Flavor the Moments
Gluten Free Pasta Recipes with Chicken, Meat, & Seafood
Gluten-Free Beef and Mushroom Lasagna – Kiss in the Kitchen
Kid-Friendly Gluten Free Baked Ziti Casserole – Fearless Dining
Creamy Garden Fresh Pasta Bake – The Honour System
Chicken Sausage Pesto Pasta – The Roasted Root
Tuna Pesto Pasta | Abbey’s Kitchen
Mediterranean Chicken & Pasta Skillet (GF) – Your Choice Nutrition
Quick & Easy Gluten-Free Lasagna – This Unmilleneal Life
Slow Cooker Asian Chicken Noodle Soup | NeighborFood
Veggie Pasta (aka Zoodles)
Easy Vegan Zucchini Noodles with Avocado Pesto
Quick and Easy Weeknight Oriental Cashew Chicken – PrepDish.com
No Noodle Vegetarian Eggplant Lasagna -Champagne Nutrition
Pad Thai Zoodles Vegan Gluten-Free Recipe | Planted365
Tasty Spaghetti Squash Marinara
Keto Zucchini ‘Noodles’ with Creamy Tomato Sauce – In the Kitch
So there you have it! 30 gluten free pasta recipes that are not only good for you, but delicious too! Which ones will you make first???