Add to Collection
Go to Collections
Quick and Easy Vegan Tortilla Soup
You can make this delicious vegan tortilla soup in 15 minutes for dinner tonight! Watch everyone lick their bowls clean! It's naturally gluten free, and I share tips for making a low FODMAP version in the recipe notes. Enjoy!
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time10 mins
Total Time15 mins
Servings: 4 servings
- 32 ounces vegetable broth i.e. Imagine Organic "No Chicken Broth"
- 14.5 ounces diced tomatoes (1 small can)
- 15 ounces black beans, drained (1 can)
- 8 ounces frozen corn (1/2 package)
- Cumin, chili powder, salt, and pepper to taste
- 4 corn tortillas
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- Diced avocado, sliced radishes, pumpkin seeds, chopped cilantro
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
While oven is heating, combine the broth, tomatoes, beans, corn, and seasonings in a medium to large stock or soup pot. * If use additional vegetables, add them in at this time. Heat on high until boiling, then lower temperature and bring to a simmer while chips are baking.
Line a baking tray with parchment paper. Brush 1 side of each corn tortilla with olive oil, then cut into strips. Lay tortilla strips on parchment paper and bake for ~ 7-8 minutes or until desired level of crispness. Remove chips from oven.
While tortilla chips are baking, prep optional toppings and place in individual serving bowls.
To serve: Divide chips into 4 serving bowls and ladle soup on top. Let everyone add their toppings as desired.
Low FODMAP VERSION
RECIPES NOTES & INGREDIENT SWAPS
- Use Low FODMAP vegetable broth (i.e FODY Low FODMAP Vegetable Soup Base or Casa de Sante Low FODMAP Vegetable Broth Concentrate)
- Use canned/rinsed/drained lentils (1/2 cup serving is low FODMAP) or garbanzo beans (1/4 cup is low FODMAP) in place of black beans.
- Limit corn kernels to 38 grams/serving.
- Add any low FODMAP toppings as desired.
Nutrition information does not include toppings or any added salt.
- Swap homemade tortillas for store bought tortilla chips.
- Use any high oleic oil (high in monounsaturated fat) in place of olive oil.
- Try fire roasted diced tomatoes to give your tortilla soup an extra kick!
- Swap black beans with any beans you you have in your pantry.
- Canned corn can be used in place of frozen corn.
- Add any veggie bits and bobs (leftover veggies) you have in your fridge.
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 294kcal | Carbohydrates: 49g | Protein: 15g | Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 638mg | Potassium: 931mg | Fiber: 12g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 120IU | Vitamin C: 17mg | Calcium: 99mg | Iron: 4mg