Add to Collection
Go to Collections
Superfood Salad Bowl with Spinach, Strawberries, Zucchini, Radishes, & Honey-Miso Dressing
This Superfood Salad Bowl with spinach, strawberries, zucchini, radishes, and honey-miso dressing, is like summer in a bowl! It's naturally gluten-free, vegetarian, and paleo, with easy low FODMAP and vegan options.
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time4 mins
Total Time14 mins
Servings: 2 servings
- 3 cups 120 grams spinach leaves
- 1 medium zucchini shaved into thin slices (see notes)
- 1 cup 40 g broccoli or alfalfa sprouts
- 1/2 cup 60 g radishes, thinly sliced
- 1 cup 150 g strawberries, sliced
- Lemon slices for garnish
- Fresh basil for garnish
- Black sesame seeds or toasted sesame seeds for topping
- Salt to taste
- Cracked black pepper to taste
Honey Miso Dressing
- 3 tablespoons 45 g white miso paste
- 3 tablespoons 45 mL sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon mustard
- 1/4 cup 60 mL honey, agave, or maple syrup
- 3 tablespoons 45 mL rice wine vinegar or red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon 15 mL lemon juice
Place a steam basket in a medium pot and add an inch (2.5 cm) of water. Place the spinach in the steamer, cover, bring to a boil and lightly steam the spinach leaves for 3 to 4 minutes. Another quick steam option s to place the spinach in the microwave for 30 to 45 seconds on high.
In two serving bowls, arrange the steamed spinach, zucchini, broccoli sprouts, radishes, and strawberries.
To make the dressing, whisk together the white miso paste, sesame oil, mustard, honey, rice vinegar, and lemon juice. Drizzle 1 to2 tablespoons (15 to 30 mL) of the dressing on top of each bowl. Save the extra dressing for later use. It keeps in the fridge for up to 5 days.
Add the lemon slices, fresh basil and sesame seeds for garnish, and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- For a low FODMAP version, use maple syrup in place of honey.
- For a vegan version, use maple syrup or agave in place of honey.
- A julienne slicer or peeler will work well to shave the zucchini into flat noodles. Roll up the noodles before placing in each bowl.
Serving: 1salad | Calories: 410kcal | Carbohydrates: 55g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 23g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 20g | Sodium: 879mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 46g