Add to Collection
Go to Collections
Super Duper Raw Power Salad
This power salad is loaded with nourishing superfoods like crunchy kale, crisp apples, purple cabbage, edamame, & sunflower seeds. Your body will thank you every time you eat it!
Prep Time25 mins
Total Time25 mins
Servings: 8 servings
- 3/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup white balsamic vinegar or apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups finely chopped kale ~1 bunch
- 1 1/2 cups finely chopped purple cabbage
- 3/4 cup dried berries and/or tart cherries
- 1/2 cup shelled frozen edamame thawed
- 1/2 cup shelled raw sunflower seeds
- 1/2 cup mung bean or other sprouts
- 2 finely chopped Granny Smith apples
- salt and fresh ground black pepper to taste
Make the dressing by combining oil, vinegar, garlic power, and salt in a lidded jar, and shake well to combine. Set aside until ready to use.
To make the salad, combine all the remaining ingredients, and pour 1/2 cup dressing (you may add more or less to suit your taste) over ingredients. Toss well, then season with salt and pepper, and serve.
- I used a combination of tart cherries, blueberries, and raspberries for my dried fruit.
- You will have dressing left over.
- This salad will keep well for a day or two, especially if you add the dressing right before serving.
Serving: 2cups | Calories: 320kcal | Carbohydrates: 33g | Protein: 7g | Fat: 20g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 17g | Sodium: 713mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 19g