Add to Collection
Go to Collections
Gingerbread Pancakes & Pancake Mix
These Gingerbread Pancakes and Gingerbread Pancake Mix made with gluten free buckwheat flour will spread delicious cheer throughout your kitchen this holiday season. Top them off with pecans and a drizzle of maple syrup for a festive treat!
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time10 mins
Total Time20 mins
Servings: 7 servings
- 1 jar Gingerbread pancake mix
- 2 large eggs
- 6 tablespoons oil plus additional for cooking pancakes
- 1 cup milk dairy or non-dairy*
- 2 tablespoons molasses*
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup plus extra for topping
- Chopped toasted pecans, optional for topping
To make the pancake mix: Combine all dry ingredients in a mixing bowl, and stir well until thoroughly combined. Store in a sealed glass jar until ready to use, or give as a gift.
To make the pancakes: Heat griddle or frying pan on medium heat. Combine 1 jar pancake mix with egg, milk, oil, molasses and maple syrup in a mixing bowl, and mix well by hand or with a beater.
Grease griddle or pan with vegetable oil, and pour ~ 1/4 cup of batter on to griddle, cooking pancakes on both sides until golden brown.
Serve warm with maple syrup and chopped pecans if desired.
- Low FODMAP Version: Omit molasses, and substitute with additional maple syrup. Use lactose free milk, or your favorite low fodmap non-dairy milk.
- Vegan Version: Use non-dairy milk, and a vegan egg replacer.
- Nutrition information is for plain pancakes, and does not include optional syrup and pecans.
Serving: 2pancakes | Calories: 311kcal | Carbohydrates: 41g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 14g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 50mg | Sodium: 367mg | Potassium: 473mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 10g | Vitamin A: 125IU | Vitamin C: 0.4mg | Calcium: 131mg | Iron: 1.6mg