Add to Collection
Go to Collections
Avocado Chicken Salad with Asian Citrus Dressing
This delicious Asian inspired salad is packed full of nutrients, and is a crowd pleaser for both adults and children alike!
Servings: 4 medium servings, or 3 large servings
Asian Citrus Dressing
- 2 tablespoons high oleic safflower oil or other neutral MUFA vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce or gluten-free tamari
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon pure maple syrup
- 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
- Juice from 1/2 orange
- Juice from 1/2 lime
- Chopped Romaine lettuce and/or Napa cabbage ~ 6 cups
- Shredded carrots ~ 1 cup
- Shredded purple cabbage ~ 1 cup
- Chopped green onions ~ 1/2 cup
- Chopped cilantro ~ 1/2 cup
- 1 avocado sliced in to 12 sections
- Grilled or poached chicken sliced, ~ 1 pound
- Toasted salted peanuts ~ 1/2 cup
- Optional: sliced Mandarin oranges bean sprouts, snow peas, edamame
Combine dressing ingredients in a jar, seal and shake well to combine. Set aside or store in the refrigerator until ready to use.
Divide lettuce, chicken, and avocado slices on 4 plates, then place all the other ingredients in small bowls, and let everyone add their own toppings, salad bar style.
Spoon dressing on and serve.