Add to Collection
Go to Collections
Chopped Fall Salad with Apples & Maple Vinaigrette
This Chopped Fall Salad w/ Apples, Fennel, Cheddar Cheese, Macadamia Nuts + Apple Maple Vinaigrette is healthy, delicious, & super easy to make!
Prep Time12 mins
Cook Time3 mins
Total Time15 mins
Servings: 2 large servings or 4 small servings
Apple Maple Vinaigrette
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil Macadamia nut, high-oleic sunflower, etc
- 1 tablespoon unfiltered apple juice
- 1 tablespoon white balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon pure maple syrup
- sea salt & fresh ground black pepper to taste
- 4 cups chopped greens lettuce, spinach, kale, etc.
- 1 apple with skin seeds & core removed, finely chopped
- 2 ounces sharp Cheddar cheese Cabot Seriously Sharp, etc., cut into small cubes
- 1/2 cup finely chopped fennel
- 1/3 cup chopped toasted macadamia nuts
- Apple Maple Vinaigrette above
Make the dressing by combining all ingredients in a small glass jar. Shake until well combined and set aside until ready to use.
Toast the macadamia nuts in a small skillet over medium heat, stirring constantly, for about 3 minutes, or until lightly browned. Allow to cool, then chop and set aside.
MIx the chopped lettuce, apple, cheese, fennel, and nuts in a salad bowl and toss with vinaigrette until well combined.
- Vegan/Paleo Options: Omit Cheddar Cheese
- Don't have macadamia nut oil? High oleic sunflower oil will work well too.
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 485kcal | Carbohydrates: 25g | Protein: 10g | Fat: 40g | Saturated Fat: 20g | Cholesterol: 29mg | Sodium: 199mg | Potassium: 529mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 15g | Vitamin A: 8550IU | Vitamin C: 10.6mg | Calcium: 271mg | Iron: 2.2mg