Add to Collection
Go to Collections
Spiced Apple Cider Doughnuts ~ Gluten-Free & Vegan
There's no better way to spend a lazy fall weekend morning, than baking (and eating!) a batch of Spiced Apple Cinder Doughnuts!
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time15 mins
Total Time25 mins
Servings: 6 doughnuts
- 1/2 cup brown rice flour*
- 1/2 cup potato starch*
- 2 tablespoons coconut flour
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup Spiced Apple Cider** i.e. Trader Joes brand
- 1/3 cup non-dairy milk i.e. unsweetened soy milk, coconut milk, rice milk, etc.
- 3 tablespoons liquid virgin coconut oil, plus extra for greasing doughnut pan
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- Optional granulated cane sugar and ground cinnamon for sprinkling on top of doughnuts
Preheat oven to 350 degrees fahrenheit. Grease a 6-count standard doughnut pan with coconut oil and set aside.
Combine dry ingredients in a medium size mixing bowl, and stir well with a fork until well combined.
Add liquid ingredients to flour mixture, and stir well with a fork or whisk, until all ingredients are well combined. (Batter will be somewhat thick.)
Spoon batter in to greased doughnut pan, and bake for 15-20 minutes or until baked through and light golden brown on top. Allow doughnuts to cool for 5 minutes, then carefully remove from pan. Sprinkle with sugar and cinnamon if desired.
*Feel free to use your favorite gluten-free flour in place of the brown rice flour, or a gluten-free flour blend in place of the brown rice flour AND potato starch, or try using all-purpose or whole wheat flour for a non gluten-free version.
**You may use plain apple cider in place of the spicy apple cider, and add additional ground spices to taste including cloves, allspice, and extra cinnamon.
Serving: 1doughnut | Calories: 204.01kcal | Carbohydrates: 31.42g | Protein: 2.63g | Fat: 8.04g | Saturated Fat: 6.5g | Sodium: 119.94mg | Potassium: 399.82mg | Fiber: 2.49g | Sugar: 7.6g | Vitamin A: 51.53IU | Vitamin C: 1.69mg | Calcium: 111.93mg | Iron: 0.74mg