Add to Collection
Go to Collections
Strawberry Arugula Salad with Chicken, Goat Cheese, Almonds, and Strawberry Lemon Vinaigrette
Bursting with nourishing springtime ingredients, this Strawberry Arugula Salad with Chicken, Goat Cheese, Almonds, and Creamy Strawberry Lemon Vinaigrette is super easy to make, and will satisfy all your salad cravings.
Prep Time10 mins
Total Time10 mins
Servings: 2 servings
Creamy Strawberry Lemon Vinaigrette
Strawberry Arugula Salad
- 6 cups baby arugula or other salad greens
- 2 cups whole fresh strawberries stems/tops removed and sliced
- 3 tablespoons slivered almonds
- 1 cup micro greens optional, to garnish
- 2 ounces fresh goat cheese optional, crumbled
- 8 ounces cooked chicken breast optional, sliced
Prepare the salad dressing by combining the olive oil, vinegar, lemon juice, strawberries, salt and pepper in a blender, and blend on high until smooth. Set aside, or store in refrigerator until ready to use.
To assembles the salads, place 3 cups each of arugula or other salad greens on two plates.
Top with sliced strawberries and slivered almonds.
Drizzle salad dressing on top.
Add optional ingredients as desired: Micro greens, goat cheese, chicken.
Easy Ingredient Swaps:
- Vegan: Omit chicken and goat cheese. Add cooked quinoa, beans, or tofu for extra protein if desired.
- Vegetarian: Omit chicken. Add cooked quinoa, beans, or tofu for extra protein if desired.
- Paleo: Omit goat cheese.
- Other options: Not a fan of strawberries? Try blueberries or raspberries instead! Not a fan of goat cheese? How about feta or grated Parmesan? Not an arugula fancier? How about spinach, kale, romaine, or watercress instead? Oh, and about those almonds...chopped walnuts, pine nuts, or sunflower seeds would be mighty tasty too!
This Strawberry Arugula Salad is a complete meal with a modest amount of complex carbs, lean protein, and healthy (mostly monounsaturated) fats. If you want to add extra carbohydrates, try it with my Best Ever Brazilian Cheese Rolls, or some whole grain gluten free crackers (lately I've been obsessed with the Trader Joe's Gluten Free Norwegian Crispbread!)
Serving: 1Salad | Calories: 555kcal | Carbohydrates: 21g | Protein: 47g | Fat: 32g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Cholesterol: 109mg | Sodium: 354mg | Potassium: 883mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 11g | Vitamin A: 1740IU | Vitamin C: 115.6mg | Calcium: 221mg | Iron: 4mg