Add to Collection
Go to Collections
Healthy Queso Dip w/ Broccoli, Bell Peppers, & Parmesan Cheese + The Scoop on A2 Milk
This healthy queso dip w/ broccoli, bell peppers, Parmesan cheese and A2 milk is a nourishing and delicious way to to ring in the new year, and to enjoy as a healthy snack or appetizer all year long!
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time10 mins
Total Time20 mins
Servings: 12 servings
- 2 cups broccoli florets + optional extra for serving
- 1 shallot chopped (see notes for Low FODMAP option)
- 2 cloves garlic minced (see notes for Low FODMAP option)
- 1 red orange, or yellow bell pepper + (optional) extra for serving
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher sea salt
- Black pepper to taste
- 3 1/4 cups whole a2 Milk® (see notes for low FODMAP option)
- 4 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3 cups shredded Parmesan cheese
- For serving: Extra veggies see above + crackers (gluten-free or regular) if desired.
Place broccoli florets in a microwave safe dish and microwave on high power for 2 minutes, or until lightly cooked. Carefully remove to chopping board and lightly chop. Set broccoli aside, and dice shallot, chop bell pepper into ~1/8 inch pieces, and mince garlic.
Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add shallot and garlic, and saute for 2 minutes, or until slightly softened. Add bell peppers and saute an additional 2 minutes, then add broccoli along with salt and pepper. Saute for 1 more minute, then turn off heat.
Stir the cornstarch into a small bowl with a 1/4 cup of a2 Milk®. Pour the remaining 3 cups of the a2 Milk® into a medium size saucepan, and heat on high until gently boiling. Turn down heat to medium, and stir in the cornstarch/milk mixture. Continue stirring constantly for about 5 minutes, or until mixture thickens. Stir in Parmesan cheese, and cook mixture, again stirring constantly, for an additional 2 minutes.
Add cooked vegetables to milk/cheese mixture, and stir well to combine. Place in serving dish and enjoy with additional chopped veggies, plus crackers, if desired, while queso dip is warm.
Low FODMAP Substitutions
The queso dip can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days, Re-heat in a microwave safe dish, and stir well before serving.
- Omit shallot and minced garlic. Use garlic infused olive oil, if desired, in place of plain olive oil.
- Swap A2 milk with lactose free milk.
Calories: 160kcal | Carbohydrates: 9g | Protein: 10g | Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 24mg | Sodium: 460mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 4g