Happy December 1!
Are any of you like me, and find your fitness routine somewhat lacking in December? Or, even worse, non-existent??? If your answer is YES, then please join me as I embark upon my December fitness challenge…
Why I am starting this challenge: Personally speaking, December has always been a difficult month for me to keep up my fitness routine. Most of you probably know the drill. There are sparkly lights to hang, holiday cards to mail, original and unique presents to buy, festive parties to attend, delicious cookies to bake, intoxicating beverages to drink and out of school children to entertain. Whew! Are you tired already???
Believe me, I really do look forward to this special time of year, but I find that SOMETHING usually has to give. And, for me, unfortunately, that SOMETHING is usually exercise.
And truly, if you want to survive December with a smile on your face, a twinkle in your eye, a non-expanding waistline , and a stress level that isn’t through the roof, exercise is the last thing you should let slip through the cracks! So, if you are in agreement with me, please read on for more details about the December fitness challenge and contest….
Here’s how it works. First, YOU decide on a fitness goal for yourself. Think about what kind of exercise you can REALISTICALLY fit in this month. Take in to account what makes you happy and what you like to do. And, finally, make sure your goal is based upon your current fitness level. You may only be doing some exercise 2 or 3 days a week. That’s OK!
Once you have your goal figured out, write it down on a piece of paper and then share it in the comment section on this blog OR on The Spicy RD Facebook page. If you’re on Facebook and not already following The Spicy RD Facebook fan page, simply click on the sidebar at the top of this blog page to follow. Then, for the entire month of December, keep a record of your progress throughout each week. You may simply record your progress on a piece of paper at home, or for a little additional motivation, and to engage in some holiday fitness camaraderie, I’d love for you to leave comments about your progress on The Spicy RD Facebook fan page or tweet about your progress using #DecFit hashtag.
Not convinced yet to join the challenge??? Let me try and entice you a little more…
One lucky winner will be chosen at random, from all the participants, to win a $25.00 i Tunes gift card!
Here’s how to enter:
- Between today and December 7, post you fitness goal in the “comments” goal under THIS post, OR on The Spicy RD Facebook fan page.
- Between now and December 31, keep track of your progress at home, OR on Twitter using the #DecFit hashtag, OR on The Spicy RD Facebook fan page.
- Between December 31 and January 6, leave a comment under this post or on The Spicy RD Facebook page stating 1) If you completed the challenge, 2)How it effected you (i.e. better able to deal with stress, had more energy, etc), and 3)What your fitness goals are for the rest of 2011.
- On December 7, 2011, one winner (randomly chosen from all participants) will receive a $25.00 i tunes gift card.
Here’s MY fitness challenge:
- Plank pose: 1+ minute 3 days week.
- Push ups and triceps dips: 2-3 set of 12 each, 3 days per week.
- Fast walking: Minimum of 25 minutes 4 days per week.
- One day of rest and relaxation, and maybe some stretching.
Hi There! I’m EA, an integrative registered dietitian nutritionist in sunny San Diego. I create easy, DELICIOUS gluten free recipes & low FODMAP recipes for a wide variety of diets: anti-inflammatory, low carb, Mediterranean, paleo, vegan, vegetarian, & more. My nutrition specialties include wellness nutrition, digestive health (celiac disease, IBS, IBD, SIBO), autoimmune disease, & healthy aging. Learn more about my nutrition philosophy and my nutrition coaching services, or get in touch~I’d love to connect with you!